Experimental Projects

Working on client projects is great, but it can be tedious when your ideas are not heard, and when there are so many constraints. I often take a break from client work and work on my own experimental projects. Here’s a glimpse of some of those.


This practice enables me to try out new ideas, helps me learn new things, and gives me a satisfaction of triumph.

Drops — It’s an icon set that I came up with while working on Jumpshare Mobile App. Designed on 48px grid, it can be a great fit when working on iOS Apps. Currently, it has 45 icons, but I hope to extend it with more icons in the future.

Master Gmat — A real project that I had the opportunity to work on in 2011. Having some free time on my hands, I started redesigning it. I kept the User Experience pretty much the same but made some drastic visual changes. The goal was to make it minimal and aesthetically pleasing.

Beans— Finding all the icons in one set is hard and taking icons from multiple sets leads to inconsistency. To solve this problem, I ended up creating a set of my own which covers 99 most used icons. I’ve used this set on numerous projects, and I hope to scale it in the future.

Aspree — An experimental project. Imagine having all the tools that you use most in routine life—mail, calendar, notes, tasks, etc—in one place, that was the idea behind Aspree. Modular design with minimalism in mind was what I was trying to achieve here.

Keeptruckin— It’s a real project that I’ve recently worked on. My goal with this experimentation was to improve the aesthetics, making it more colorful, clean, and clear.